Wednesday 13 June 2012

From Ghostly Pale to Golden Goddess


As part of my 'Rainy Month of June' posts I thought I would do a post on how to look like you've been getting your bronze on without having to holiday in a sub-tropical continent :)


Now I have never been one for fake tan but at the start of this summer I decided I was sick and tired of having legs so pasty that if I ever tried to naturally tan them in the sun I would literally have to wear sun glasses to look at them. Some may called it 'English Rose' but I call it 'Looking like a Ghost'.

So after seeing some friends not that long ago, I complimented my friend Hannah on her fabulously tanned legs. They looked so natural I didn't even think it could be some sort of fake bake. She told me it was Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion, a product that gave a gradual and natural tan. I quite literally rushed out to buy it. And it has been fantastic. 


One of the reasons I have never used fake tan before is that I was very dubious and having been to an Oceana club, I can tell you that the over use of tan is not a good look. Even in the darkness of a club, the orangey glow is very present. I just didn't want to risk looking like I had been tangoed. Or smell like biscuits, which is another problem that comes with getting a sunny glow out of a bottle. My friend had already informed me that the Palmer’s Natural Bronze smelled of their usual cocoa butter so I was glad I wouldn't smell like a digestive. 

After the realisation that I would probably have to move to Barbados, and get my bronze on, to get any type of real tan, I decided to take the plunge and buy some fake bake. The only problem I have found with it is that it went a bit wild on my feet and I had one slightly orangey toe, but I mostly put that down to the fact that I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to trying to apply it. But after the first application, I now have got the hang of it and it now looks a lot better, no orange toes for me! 

It works in the same way as a body moisturiser, just with the added bonus of making me bronzed. I usually just apply it to my arms, legs and chest (as I am under no circumstances getting anything else out!), this usually takes around 8 or so pumps. So I'm hoping to get a good few more applications out of it. 

It is definitely a product I would recommend. And at the moment lots of Palmer's products are half price so it's only £2.67, great value for money! Even at its usual price of £5.35 it is still cheaper than a lot of tanning products. I have been told I look nicely bronzed so it must be working!


Millie, Fleur and Me - The last time I had a real tan in 2009!

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment